Home » , , , , » RESTORATION 1956 Land Rover Series I (PART1)

RESTORATION 1956 Land Rover Series I (PART1)


dosop - In the restoration 1956 Land Rover Series I , Syamsul not fully glued to the guide book. "If you view the material, actually the original Soap Box 80%. But I want realistic, especially regarding the condition of the engine and drivetrain, "said the man who also like this old motorcycle.


"I do not want to plant a 'time bomb' with the original engine. Hence, with a heavy heart I betel 2:25 liter engine belongs to Series II complete with transmission, transfercase and axle, "continued the man was friendly.

Besides the engine, the other part replaced devices. Call it the rear lights and the rims are actually taken from a Landy Defender.





Although some components of the original is not innate, but Syamsul still maintaining the appearance of the soap box with a thick aura I Series. Masai colors including Red, which is typical Series I 1954 to 1956. "The figure of Series I shall not fade," kekehnya.







ENGINE
2:25-liter engine capacity belongs Series II fitted roundly 2.0-liter engine replaces the default. But before drowned, the 4-cylinder engine dioverhaul first.

Gearbox and Transfercase
4 speed manual gearbox and a 2 speed transfercase original part-time is pretty pathetic. Wearing Series II appliances are more mint considered more realistic.











Interior
Aura Series I stay awake, especially in the interior, ranging from banjo steering wheel, driver and passenger seat, until the instruments on the dashboard. Landy flavor as the earlier generation was still thick.


Axle
In order for the machine and its uniform and tranfercase transmission, the axle was using belongs to Series II. In addition claimed more sturdy, axle replaces the original default already problematic.